The M3 series of Gefran are pressure transmitters for using in High temperature environment and specifically designed for melt pressure measurement and available only to be used in large-scale fixed installations or in large-scale stationary industrial tools, typically extruders, or for laboratory B2B equipments for R&D purposes according to the European Directive 2011/65/EU .
The main characteristic of this series is the capability to read temperature of the media up to 400°C.
The constructive principle is based on the hydraulic trasmission of the pressure. The fluid-filled system assures the temperature stability.
The phisical measure is transformed in a electrical measure by means the strain-gauge technology.
- Pressure ranges from: 0-35 to 0-2000 bar / 0-500 to 0-30000 psi
- Strain gage Wheatstone bridge
- Accuracy : <±0.25% FSO (H); <±0.5% FSO (M)
- Internally generated 80% calibration signal (R-Cal)
- Fluid-filled system for temperature stability
- Grade of protection: IP65 (6-pin connector version)
- 1/2-20 UNF, M18x1.5 standard threads; other types available on request
- Standard diaphragm is 15-5 PH stainless steel with GTP coating
- 17-7 PH corrugated diaphragm with GTP coating for ranges below 100 bar-1500 psi